Vacancy at Consulate General of Ireland, New York Facilities & ICT
The Consulate General of Ireland in New York is a part of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Ireland. The Department consists of Headquarters in Dublin and Limerick and diplomatic and consular offices overseas. The Consulate General of Ireland in New York works to promote Ireland’s interests across the US States of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Delaware and West Virginia. The Consulate General provides a wide range of consular services; promotes Irish political, economic and cultural interests; and works to maintain and strengthen the vibrant US-Ireland relationship.
The Consulate General of Ireland in New York is now seeking a candidate to fill a new position. This is a temporary twelve-month long position for immediate fill with the possibility of renewal. The successful candidate will work closely with all members of the Consulate team.
The successful candidate will be tasked with a range of duties, particularly focused on property management and ICT, as well as other duties as required, including though not limited to, general administrative support, managing mail, and working alongside events and catering team.
Role and Responsibilities will include some or all of the following:
- Administrative tasks, including managing mail and deliveries and administrative work in support of Consular Consulate
- Oversight & inventory of Consulate supplies (office, residence and general)
- Management & optimization of Consulate space
- Set-up for events including lifting of furniture, equipment, backdrops (with external assistance as required) working alongside events and catering team.
- Breakdown of events, including cleaning of floors, arranging laundry of table cloths and storage of chairs and furniture used.
- Lock-up of office after events on average once per week as part of an overall 43-hour work week
- Management of ICT infrastructure and ongoing ICT issues; ICT+ TV-Media requirements for events
- Set up and management of rolling exhibitions in Consulate or external venues.
- Liaison with suppliers of all Consulate equipment.
- Maintenance of Consulate building for small works e.g. light bulbs replacement, paintwork touch up, light cleaning duties, repairs.
- Procurement of supplies for repair work and liaison with contractors for larger works including project management of large-scale maintenance tasks with external providers.
- Maintenance and upkeep of the Consulate offices and freight area. Arrange external shredding when required. Ensuring timely disposal of all garbage, recycling, old furniture etc.
- Maintain the stationery supplies (paper, toner etc.)
- Some messenger/delivery duties, including driving responsibilities as and when required by Consulate workload
- Any other tasks requested by the Consul General and team from time to time including support for high level visits to the CGNY consular area
Never miss an issue of The Irish Echo
Subscribe to one of our great value packages.
- Strong customer service orientation, with excellent interpersonal and time management skills
- Experience in customer service role/s
- Experience in ICT service role/s
- Experience of working in a team environment
- Commitment to delivering a quality service
- Commitment to delivering at pace
- Resilience and pleasant attitude
- Be a legal resident of the United States of America and be able to demonstrate this if called for interview.
- Ability to respond quickly to requests
- Be sufficiently motivated to work on own initiative
- Out-of-office hours can be expected
The successful candidate will be recruited on a temporary contract on a full-time basis for a 43 Hour working week. Flexibility in these working hours will be required from time to time.
The pay scale for this post is $50,045 – $87,024. There will be an option for the successful candidate to join the Consulate’s group healthcare scheme.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply via email, with a cover letter and resumé, to [email protected] for the attention of Ms Eimear Friel, Deputy Consul General.
References may be required on request.
By submitting information electronically, parties accept that data will not be fully secure. Any personal information submitted to the Mission will only be used for its intended purposes and will be destroyed when no longer needed. Any other processing or disclosure of personal data is not allowed other than in the exceptional circumstances provided for under the Data Protection Acts.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Monday October 1st, 2018.
It is envisaged that candidates will be short listed and called to interview the following week beginning, Monday 8th October.
Candidates should be available to commence work immediately thereafter.
Candidates should note that canvassing will disqualify and will result in their exclusion from the process. The Consulate also cannot accept unsolicited recommendations from third parties in relation to applicants for this position.